What is environmental / atmosphere?
It is the main air, temperature, humidity, and similar parameters around us that we feel and affect us. It consists of many gases like Oxygen, cO2, and other gases, which affect the environment on earth and effects our living.
How is the Environment gets affected or polluted?
The environment gets polluted because of the presence of carbon and other gases mixed in it, like co2, methane, etc. Polluted environment affects human, plant & animal life and general living condition. Few elements are:
Global warming is a gradual increase in the earth’s temperature due to greenhouse gases and increased levels of carbon and other gases including carbon dioxide, CFCs, and other pollutants.
Global warming is the long-term heating of Earth’s climate system observed since the pre-industrial period (between 1850 and now) due to human activities. This is also because of fossil fuel burning and the reduction of Plants on earth. This all increases heat-trapping and greenhouse gases in the Earth’s atmosphere.
- Burning of fossil fuels like coal, petroleum, etc.
- Vehicular moment & pollution created by them.
- Industrial activities produce carbon and smoke.
- Getting dust due to movement of high wind, vehicle, etc.
- Other natural reasons which generate pollution, carbon, etc like:
Storms, Snowing, Sea waves etc.
All this increases the temperature on earth.
- Increased temperatures cause glaciers to melt and retreat faster than usual.
- The addition of melted water into the oceans causes its level to rise and affects the total land area on earth and climate changes.
- An increase in sea level due to the melting of Ice will cause the coastal cities to submerge and will affect the habitation.
- Increased temperatures cause the melting of ice on the North and south poles which are cold places and remain frozen.
- Reduction of forest & agriculture land because of all these parameters.
- Making more Buildings for an increase in population, industrial activities, etc.
- Making Infrastructure facilities like roads, highways, bridges, etc.
- Development of Industries for which land is needed.
- Land needed for water bodies, municipal activities, and other facilities
a. This all will give rise to temperature on earth. Many environmentalists are trying to find ways to maintain the rise in temperature to a minimum amount like 1.50C in the next 30 years.
b. About 180 Countries of the World discussed this during the proceedings of the Cop 26 conference in Glasgow Scotland. All these countries have discussed various parameters for limiting this temperature rise.
c. New variety of agriculture for feeding humanity will have to be developed.
d. Pattern of weather will change all over the World and thus various species of plants, animals, and all living creatures may vanish or they will otherwise have to adjust.
e. Many insects, various, etc may develop which may cause harmful effects and diseases. Also:
- Power your home with renewable energy
- Invest in energy-efficient appliances
- Reduce water waste
- Actually eat the food which is Use renewable energy for Industries, vehicles and heating/cooling and less of fossil fuel
- Generate electricity with the help of natural resources like solar, wind, Sea waves, etc.
- Nonconventional energy for Industry.
- Using public transportation methods or efficient self-driven modes.
Throw away less food
Reduce, reuse, repair & recycle requirement of energy
Change your home’s source
Switch to an electric vehicle
Effect of Industrial activities for fulfillment of human needs and similar other action which influences global warming is to be carried out. In the present time, the influence of the covid -19 disease all over the world is influencing the environment all around us which is spreading the virus in the air all around.
Thermal method of Power generation through burning Fossil fuels
Generating electricity and heat by burning fossil fuels such as coal, oil, and natural gas causes a large chunk of global emissions. Most of the electricity is still produced from fossil fuels; only a small portion comes from wind, solar, and other renewable sources.
Manufacturing and industry produce emissions, mostly from burning fossil fuels to produce energy for making things like cement, iron, steel, electronics, plastics, clothes, and other goods also produce greenhouse gases and give carbon to the environment. Mining and other industrial processes also release gases.
Cutting down forests:
Cutting down forests to generate infrastructures like housing roads and highways, bridges, Indusial expansion, etc, and need space on earth. For doing all this it needs land for which many tries are also cut. This is all deforestation. In all these forests there are oxygen generating plants and some give oxygen even at the night. This all causes carbon emissions because when trees are cut, they release the carbon they have been storing. Since forests absorb carbon dioxide, destroying them also limits nature’s ability to keep emissions out of the atmosphere.
Climate Change Impacts That Will Affect Us All
- Damage to our home
- More expensive home insurance
- Outdoor work could become unbearable
- Higher electric bills and more blackouts
- More allergies and other health risks
- Food will be more expensive and variety may suffer
- Water quality could suffer
Some typical figures on the above subject
I. Global Warming: